The Definitive Guide to Disaster Planning for Manufacturers
And the challenges faced on a daily basis already occupy the lion’s share of a leader’s time. However, in addition to other strategic initiatives inherent to the role, leaders must also be confident in their ability to maintain critical operations despite interruptions.
Robust, well-led companies must have a disaster plan in place to overcome a variety of business interruptions and ensure it can:
- Recover from any disaster
- Protect its source of revenue
- Fulfill responsibilities to stakeholders
- Facilitate compliance
- Reduce exposure to civil or criminal liabilities
- Enhance the company’s image and credibility
- Potentially reduce insurance premiums
- Build company-wide consensus and a culture of preparedness
This guide will outline the most basic yet impactful steps any manufacturer should take to build resilience in the face of all manner of threats.